Term sheet is a first and probably most important document that you will get from the investor when they decide to support you. Join us on Wednesday, 14/06 at StartIt Center on a presentation and discussion about the anatomy of a typical (and not so typical) term sheet.
This meetup is co-hosted by Serbian Private Equity Association (SPEA), StartLabs, Startit, Karanovic/Nikolic law office and South Central Ventures.
We are going to talk about:
- What is a purpose of a term sheet?
- How does a typical term sheet look like?
- Definition of a common investment terms - preferred vs. common stock, liquidation preferences, drag along, tag along, vesting…
- What are key terms that you as a founder should pay attention to when raising a round?
- Which terms are there to protect you, and which ones are there to screw you?
- What are common practices and widely accepted terms?
- Which terms you should try to negotiate?
- How to negotiate key terms - do’s and don’ts
A brief intro followed by a no BS Q&A will be given by:
- Aleksandar Sukiban, Karanovic/Nikolic
- Nebojsa Lazic, StartLabs Ventures
- Jan Kobler, South Central Ventures
This is a unique opportunity to meet and talk to people that have hands on experience on the topic - do not miss it and RSVP now as seats are limited!